I. Program Introduction
In accordance with the exchange agreement between the Law School and the Institute of Criminal Law Science and the Law School of the University of Aberdeen in the U.K., the Law School and the Institute of Criminal Law Science will send 4 students (both undergraduate and graduate students can register) to go to the school to study for one semester in the spring of 2020. The students may convert the corresponding number of credits obtained according to the course requirements of the opposite university into our university’s credits after affirmed by Beijing Normal University. The students will enjoy free tuition during their study in the school.
II. Application Requirements
1. Holder of Chinese nationality.
2. The students with excellent academic performance (the average score not less than 80) and good conduct as well as a clear study plan and purpose.
3. The applicants should be in-campus full-time undergraduate or master students (who are able to complete the exchange study and return to school before the beginning of the last semester of the senior year or graduate 3rd grade).
4. The students should return to Beijing Normal University to continue to learn on time after exchange.
5. The applicants should have enough economic capacity to pay the living expenses in the U.K. and round-trip international travel expenses.
6. Requirements of the University of Aberdeen for English:
Listening - 5.5 or above
Reading - 5.5 or above
Speaking - 5.5 or above
Writing - 6.0 or above
Overall - 6.0
Listening - 17 or above
Reading - 18 or above
Speaking - 20 or above
Writing - 21 or above
Overall - 78
Note: students who obtain the IELTS or TOEFL transcript may register before the deadline. Please indicate on the registration form.
7. The applicants should refer to the training manual in advance to understand their semester tasks and credit requirements during exchange to avoid unnecessary conflicts with graduation matters of our university.
III. Introduction to the University of Aberdeen and Relevant Courses
The University of Aberdeen is one of the four ancient Scottish universities founded in the Middle Ages and also the fifth oldest university in the U.K. The University of Aberdeen has been one of the most historical, representative and powerful research universities in the U.K. since its foundation. The quality of teaching and research of the university is known to all the world. It has five Nobel Prize winners and is one of the British 20 star-level universities and once rated by the Times as No. 1 among “the 10 most favorable universities for employment”. The University of Aberdeen ranked 172nd in the world the "QS World University Rankings (2018-2019)" and 37th in the world in the latest 2016 Times World University Rankings. The Law School of the University of Aberdeen is deemed one of the top law schools in the U.K.
Please refer to Annex 2 for the information of credits and courses during exchange. For more information, log in the website:
IV. Application Procedure and Contact Person
Deadline: 24:00 September 18, 2019 (Wednesday)
2. Those students who are interested are requested to fill in the Application Form in Annex 1 and send it to Ms. ZHANG’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The subject of the e-mail and file is “Registration of Exchange Students to the University of Aberdeen in the Spring of 2020 + Applicant's Name”.
3. Please hand over the following paper application materials to Ms. ZHANG in the office 1910 of the Law School before 11am September 19:
CV (including the basic information, contact information, education background, etc.);
Copies of school transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of English exam transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of research results and award certificates (A4 paper);
Graduate students need to submit a study plan, indicating the credits of the courses to be exchanged and explaining the reasons why the courses can be exchanged.
Ms. ZHANG’s contact number: 58805168
4. For credit conversion problems, undergraduates may refer to Annex 3 and graduate students are requested to choose similar subjects. Please consult teacher HE 58805082 (undergraduate), teacher WANG 58805232 (LL.M, JM) and teacher JIANG 58802948 (academic master) and teacher XU 58808081 (the Institute of Criminal Law Science) for details.
Annex 1: Application Form of Exchange Students to the University of Aberdeen –Spring 2020+Name
Annex 2: Information of Exchange Students to the University of Aberdeen of the U.K. in the Spring of 2020
Annex 3: Affirmation of Credits of Overseas Cross-school Courses –Undergraduate.doc
Law School of Beijing Normal University
September 10, 2019