I. Program Introduction
In accordance with the exchange agreement between the Law School and the Law School of the University of Iowa in the U.S., the Law School will send 1 graduate student to go to the school to study for one semester in the spring of 2020. The student may convert the corresponding number of credits obtained according to the course requirements of the opposite university into our university’s credits after affirmed by Beijing Normal University. The student will enjoy free tuition during his or her study in the university.
II. Application Requirements
1. Holder of Chinese nationality.
2. The student with excellent academic performance and good conduct as well as a clear study plan and purpose.
3. The applicants should be in-campus full-time undergraduate or master students (who have studied in the Law School for at least one full year and are able to complete the exchange study and return to school before the beginning of the last semester of the graduate 3rd grade).
4. The student should return to Beijing Normal University to continue to learn on time after exchange.
5. The applicants should have enough economic capacity to pay the living expenses in the U.S. and round-trip international travel expenses.
6. Proficient in English, IELTS score above 6.5, TOEFL score above 92.
7. The applicants should refer to the training manual in advance to understand their semester tasks and credit requirements during exchange to avoid unnecessary conflicts with graduation matters of our university.
III. Introduction to the University of Iowa and Relevant Courses
The University of Iowa is a world’s first-class public research university and a state-level university in the U.S., established in 1847 and located in Iowa City, Iowa State, the U.S.
The University of Iowa is a member of Association of American Universities, Big Ten League and Public Ivy League. The Carnegie Corporation of New York lists the University of Iowa as one of the “very high research universities” at the highest level. The school was ranked American 82nd and the world’s 130th in the university rankings of the 2018 U.S. News & World Report; ranked American 59th-69th and the world’s 150th -200th in the academic rankings of the world universities; ranked 435th in the QS World Universities in 2019, and 31st among the public universities in the U.S. in 2017.
The University of Iowa is a comprehensive university with complete subjects and currently has a total of 10 colleges and 1 graduate school. Its Business School and Law School are among the best in the U.S. It has a world-class scientific research and education level in the humanities and social sciences such as law and politics.
Please refer to Annex 2 for the course information of the semester in the spring of 2020.
IV. Application Procedure and Contact Person
1. Deadline: 24:00 November 3, 2019 (Sunday)
2. Those students who are interested are requested to fill in the Application Form in Annex 1 and send it to Ms. ZHANG’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The subject of the file is “Registration of the Exchange Student to the University of Iowa in the U.S. in the Spring of 2020 + Applicant's Name”.
Ms. ZHANG’s contact number: 58805168
3. Please hand over the following paper application materials to Ms. ZHANG in the office 1910 of the Law School before the deadline for registration:
CV (including the basic information, contact information, education background, etc.);
Copies of school transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of English exam transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of research results and award certificates (A4 paper);
Students need to submit a study plan, indicating the credits of the courses to be exchanged and explaining the reasons why the courses can be exchanged.
4. For credit conversion problems, please choose similar subjects. Please consult teacher WANG (educational administration of LL.M, JM 58805569) or teacher JIANG 58802948 (educational administration of academic master 58802948) for details.
Law School of Beijing Normal University
October 24, 2019