The Law School of the Spanish University of Barcelona
Announcement of the Selection of Exchange Students in the Spring of 2020
I. Program Introduction
In accordance with the exchange student agreement between the Law School and the Institute of Criminal Law Science of Beijing Normal University and the Law School of the Spanish University of Barcelona, the Law School and the Institute of Criminal Law Science of Beijing Normal University will send 2 students (both undergraduate and graduate students can register) to go to the school to study for one semester in the spring of 2020. The students may convert the corresponding number of credits obtained according to the course requirements of the opposite university into our university’s credits after affirmed by Beijing Normal University. The students will enjoy free tuition during their study in the university.
II. Application Requirements
1. Holder of Chinese nationality.
2. The student with excellent academic performance and good conduct as well as a clear study plan and purpose.
3. The applicants should be in-campus full-time undergraduate or master students (who are able to complete the exchange study and return to school before the beginning of the last semester of the senior year or graduate 3rd grade).
4. The students should return to Beijing Normal University to continue to learn on time after exchange.
5. The applicants should have enough economic capacity to pay the living expenses in Spain and round-trip international travel expenses.
6. Proficient in English, those with IELTS, TOEFL, or GRE scores or level B1 in Spanish are preferred.
7. The applicants should refer to the training manual in advance to understand their semester tasks and credit requirements during exchange to avoid unnecessary conflicts with graduation matters of our university.
III. Introduction to the University of Barcelona and Courses
The University of Barcelona (short for: UB) is located in the largest city on the Mediterranean coast-Barcelona. Its comprehensive strength ranks among the world’s top 100 and first in Spain. It is one of the oldest famous institutions of higher learning in Spain. The strength of UB's various disciplines is relatively balanced, and they basically rank above the top 200 in the world. It is a member of the Coimbra Group known as the "European Ivy League".
See Annex 2 for the information of courses.
IV. Application Procedure and Contact Person
1. Deadline: 24:00 October 7, 2019 (Monday)
2. Those students who are interested are requested to fill in the form in Annex 1 and send it to Ms. ZHANG’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The subject of the file is “Spring 2020- Registration for the Exchange Students to the University of Barcelona + Applicant's Name”.
Ms. ZHANG’s contact number: 58805168
3. Please hand over the following paper application materials to Ms. ZHANG in the office 1910 of the Law School before 10:00 October 8, 2019:
CV (including the basic information, contact information, education background, etc.);
Copies of school transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of English exam transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of research results and award certificates (A4 paper);
Students need to submit a study plan, indicating the credits of the courses to be exchanged and explaining the reasons why the courses can be exchanged.
4. For credit conversion problems, undergraduates may refer to Annex 3 and graduate students are requested to choose similar subjects. Please consult teacher HE 58805082 (undergraduate), teacher WANG 58805232 (LL.M, JM) and teacher JIANG 58802948 (academic master) for details.
Law School of Beijing Normal University
September 26, 2019