I. Program Introduction
In accordance with the exchange agreement between the Law School and the Law School of the Italian LUISS University, the Law School will send 4 students (both undergraduate and graduate students can register) to go to the school to study for one semester in the spring of 2020. The students may convert the corresponding number of credits obtained according to the course requirements of the opposite university into our university’s credits after affirmed by Beijing Normal University. The students will enjoy free tuition during their study in the university.
II. Application Requirements
1. Holder of Chinese nationality.
2. The students with excellent academic performance and good conduct as well as a clear study plan and purpose.
3. The applicants should be in-campus full-time undergraduate or master students (who are able to complete the exchange study and return to school before the beginning of the last semester of the senior year or graduate 3rd grade).
4. The students should return to Beijing Normal University to continue to learn on time after exchange.
5. The applicants should have enough economic capacity to pay the living expenses in Italy and round-trip international travel expenses.
6. Proficient in English, those with IELTS and TOEFL scores are preferred.
7. The applicants should refer to the training manual in advance to understand their semester tasks and credit requirements during exchange to avoid unnecessary conflicts with graduation matters of our university.
III. Introduction to the LUISS University and Relevant Courses
Located at the downtown of the capital of Italy- the famous city Rome City, the Italian LUISS University has three campuses, is a private university established in 1966 and enjoys a high reputation in Italy. This school belongs to the Italian Confindustria and has huge and strong alumni resources in Italy even Europe. Many in-campus students are from European aristocrats and Italian entrepreneurs and banker groups. As the school implements elite education, it recruits few students every year and rarely participates in international rankings so it is not known by the outside world. It is known as “Harvard in Italy”.
Refer to Annex 2-3 for details, information on courses and living expenses, etc.;
For course information, please refer to: https://www.luiss.edu/international-programs/erasmus-and-exchange-students/courses-english-erasmus-and-exchange-students
IV. Application Procedure and Contact Person
1. Deadline: 24:00 October 7, 2019 (Monday)
2. Those students who are interested are requested to fill in the form in Annex 1 and send it to Ms. ZHANG’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The subject of the e-mail and annexes is: “Spring 2020- Registration for the Exchange Students to the LUISS University + Applicant's Name”.
Ms. ZHANG’s contact number: 58805168.
3. Please hand over the following paper application materials to Ms. ZHANG in the office 1910 of the Law School before the deadline for registration:
CV (including the basic information, contact information, education background, etc.);
Copies of school transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of English exam transcripts (A4 paper);
Originals and copies of research results and award certificates (A4 paper);
Students need to submit a study plan, indicating the credits of the courses to be exchanged and explaining the reasons why the courses can be exchanged.
4. For credit conversion problems, undergraduates may refer to Annex 3 and graduate students are requested to choose similar subjects. Please consult teacher HE 58805082 (undergraduate), teacher WANG 58805232 (LL.M, JM), teacher JIANG 58802948 (academic master) and teacher XU 58808081 (the Institute of Criminal Law Science) for details.
Law School of Beijing Normal University
September 17, 2019